Champion Program (ACCP)
Purpose: To award and showcase individuals, groups, organizations, businesses and communities within HRM that go above and beyond to increase physical activity for youth, family, and the community within HRM.
An Active Communities Champion showcases the following characteristics:
- A positive impact in physical activity levels in the HRM Community
- Continuous commitment to increasing physical activity levels
- Goes ‘above and beyond’
- Focuses on an area(s) of the AHC mandate
Logistics of the ACCP:
- Developed, maintained and implemented by the partners of Active Halifax Communities Advisory Committee (ACHAC).
- The AHCAC will accept nominations throughout the year.
- This is a once in a lifetime recognition.
Recipient List 2008 - 2010
For more information on how to submit a nomination to the Active Halifax Communities Advisory Committee contact the Active Halifax Coordinator at Tel : 490-5447 OR e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org