Who We Are
We respond to property related public safety and quality-of-life issues. Enforcement and public education services are provided by staff. Remedy work is performed by HRM's Youth LIVE program and/or local contractors.
By-Law Standards strives to “to promote a safe, healthy place to live and work by providing education and partnering with other service providers and the community.
By-Law Standards is responsible for:
- Enforcing Exterior Property Legislation On Private Property:
- Improperly Placed Curbside Solid Waste
- Illegal Dumping
- Dangerous or Unsightly Premises
- Enforcing Land Use by-laws and Zoning complaints on private property
- Enforcing temporary signs on private property
- Enforcing Quality-of-Life Legislation:
- Day Time Noise
- Commercial Vending on Public Property
- Enhancing Public Awareness and Education