Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Council Chambers, 3rd Floor City Hall,
1841 Argyle Street, Halifax
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – June 28, 2016
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS – NONE
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS
10.2.1 Case 19912 – Appeal of Variance Approval - 1597 Dresden Row, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council allow the appeal of the variance approval for 1597 Dresden Row, Halifax and overturn the decision of the Development Officer.
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.3 Presentations - None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 18464 - MPS & LUB Amendments and Development Agreement, Bright Place, Lady Hammond Road and Normandy Drive, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A, to allow a multiple-unit residential development at 3631 and 3639 Bright Place, 6100 Normandy Drive and Parcel X, a portion of the former Bright Place right-of-way fronting Lady Hammond Road, Halifax; and
2. Require that the proposed development agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
13.1.2 Case 20265 – Amendment to the I-3 (General Industrial) Zone under the Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to the I-3 (General Industrial) Zone of the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the June 27, 2016 staff report, to reduce the minimum watercourse setback requirement from 200 ft. to 65.62 ft. (20m), and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL - NONE
14. MOTIONS – NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Community Council may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
15.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – June 28, 2016
That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of June 28, 2016 be approved as circulated.
16. ADDED ITEMS
16.1 Case 19987: Development Agreement for 1034, 1042, 1050, and 1056 Wellington Street, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the report dated July 29, 2016, to allow a multi-unit residential development on the properties located at 1034, 1042, 1050 and 1056 Wellington Street, Halifax and schedule a public hearing.
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – September 13, 2016