Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Council Chamber, City Hall
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – February 28, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS:
8.1 Case 20246: Rezoning for the former Briarwood Golf Course Lands, Herring Cove Road, Halifax (First Reading)
That Halifax and West Community Council give First Reading to consider approval of the proposed rezoning, as set out in Attachment A of the January 13, 2017 staff report, to rezone a portion of the former Briarwood golf course, located at Herring Cove Road in Halifax from the R-1 (Single Family Dwelling) Zone to the R-2 (Two-Family Dwelling) Zone of the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, and schedule a public hearing.
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 19238: Development Agreement 2631 A & B – 2639 Fuller Terrace, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed Development Agreement, included as Attachment A of the November 10, 2014 staff report; and
2. Require the Development Agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any
extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final
approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, whichever is later; otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be
at an end.
10.1.2 Case 20215: Land Use By-law Amendment for 1840 St. Margaret’s Bay
Road,Timberlea – Micro-Alcohol Production Facility
That Halifax and West Community Council Adopt the amendments to the Land Use Bylaw for Timberlea/Lakeside/Beechville, as set out in Attachment A of the January 19, 2017.
10.1.3 Case 20375: Substantive Amendments to Development Agreement
Rockingham South, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Approve the proposed Stage 1 amending development agreement, which shall be substantially of the same form as set out in Attachment A of the January 11, 2017 staff report; and
2. Require the agreement be signed by the property owner within 120 days, or any extension thereof granted by Council on request of the property owner, from the date of final approval by Council and any other bodies as necessary, including applicable appeal periods, which is later;
otherwise this approval will be void and obligations arising hereunder shall be at an end.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS - NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1 Correspondence - None
11.3.1 Dennis Campbell, CEO, Ambassatours – Halifax Community Road Train
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1 STAFF - NONE
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL- NONE
13.3.1 Point Pleasant Park Advisory Committee – Unauthorized Removal of Vegetation from Point Pleasant Park
That Halifax and West Community Council request a staff report to consider the creation and implementation of a public awareness campaign regarding the unauthorized removal of vegetation from Point Pleasant Park including the installation of ‘Do Not Pick the Plants” signs as well as print and online advertising and any other form of advertising and public awareness recommended by staff. It is further recommended that the report consider how the by-laws governing this matter can be enforced.
14.1 Councillor Cleary
That Halifax and West Community Council request a staff report regarding the opportunities and challenges related to implementing a policy ensuring applicants in a land use matter must have no arrears in municipal taxes on a subject property prior to and during consideration of an application.
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Tuesday, April 18, 2017
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Sheilagh Edmonds, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6520.