April 18, 2017
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
Council Chamber, City Hall
1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – March 22, 2017
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS - NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10.1 PUBLIC HEARINGS
10.1.1 Case 20120: Rezoning Request – Lands at Parkmoor Avenue, Hayes Street and Charlton Avenue, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the December 15, 2016 staff report.
10.1.2 Case 20246: Rezoning for the former Briarwood Golf Course Lands, Herring
Cove Road, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council adopt the amendment to the Land Use By-law for Halifax Mainland, as set out in Attachment A of the January 13, 2017 staff report.
10.1.3 Case 20489: Development Agreement 5540 Kaye Street, Halifax
That Halifax and West refuse to approve the proposed development agreement, as set out in Attachment A of the January 20, 2017 staff report, as it does not reasonably carry out the intent of the MPS in that the requested modification of lot standards is not necessary to secure an appropriate development of the lot and the conditions necessitating the modification are not unique to the lot.
10.2 VARIANCE APPEAL HEARINGS - NONE
11. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11.1 Correspondence - None
11.3 Presentations - None
12. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
13.1.1 Case 20149: LUB Amendment and Development Agreement for 2856/2860& 2866 Gottingen Street and 5516/5518 Macara Street, Halifax (First Reading and Notice of Motion)
That Halifax and West Community Council:
1. Give first reading to consider approval of the proposed amendment to Map ZM-2 of the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law, as contained in Attachment A of the March 3, 2017 staff report, to include 2858/2860 and 2866 Gottingen Street and 5516/5518 Macara Street, Halifax, in Schedule Q and schedule a public hearing.
2. Give notice of motion to consider the proposed development agreement, as contained in Attachment B of the March 3, 2017 staff report, to allow for an 8-storey residential building containing 66 units and ground floor commercial uses and schedule a public hearing. The public hearing for the development agreement shall be held concurrently with that indicated in Recommendation 1.
13.1.2 Case 20449: Amendments to the Clayton Park West Phase 5 Stage 1 Development Agreement, Halifax
That Halifax and West Community Council give notice of motion to consider the proposed amending development agreement as set out in Attachment A of the February 9, 2017 staff report and schedule a public hearing.
13.2 MEMBERS OF COMMUNITY COUNCIL - NONE
13.3 COMMITTEES - NONE
14. MOTIONS - NONE
15. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE) - NONE
17. NOTICES OF MOTION
18. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
19. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Tuesday, May 30, 2017
For further information regarding this meeting, please contact
Sheilagh Edmonds, Legislative Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.490.6520.