Skip to content. Accessibility info.

Contact Halifax Water

Customer Care Centre phone lines are open Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.: 902-490-4820 (telephone options). You can also contact Halifax Water via the email (please allow up to two business days for a reply).

Halifax Water head office is open Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and is located at:
450 Cowie Hill Road
Halifax, NS

Halifax Water mailing address:
Halifax Water
PO Box 8388, RPO CSC
Halifax, NS B3K 5M1

24 Hour Emergency Service:
Water, Sewer & Flooding: 902-490-4820

Specific inquiries regarding:

Contact information:

Call Before You Dig

  • Locate Water/Sewer Mains and Service Lines

902-490-4820 | | Locate Request Forms

Approvals & Permits

902-490-6914 |

Backflow Prevention/Cross Connection Control Program

Land owned by Halifax Water

Watershed Protection Program or
Public Records Requests (under the Freedom of Information & Privacy Act) 902-490-4812

Communications & Public Relations

902-490-4604 |


902-490-4884 |


Phone: 902-490-8446 | Fax: 902-490-1583 |

Request a Tour of a Water or Wastewater Treatment Facility
Website Issues


Comments and complaints

Comments: If you received excellent customer service or if you have suggestions for ways in which Halifax Water can improve, please email us at

Please note, we can't respond to all suggestions but we'll use the ideas you give to help us improve where we can.

Complaints: Halifax Water will respond to complaints about:

  • billing
  • metering and meter reading
  • application of standard charges
  • misuse of water resources, sanitary or stormwater systems
  • Halifax Water staff or service delivery

If you are dissatisfied with any of the above services, please let us know:

By mail: Halifax Water Complaints Department
PO Box 8388, RPO CSC
Halifax, NS
B3K 5M1
Phone: 902.490.4820

Complaint process:

  • all complaints must be brought to the attention of Halifax Water
  • once a complaint is submitted you will receive a Halifax Water service request number. This service request number is your unique identification code for the complaint
  • Halifax Water must be given the opportunity to resolve your complaint
  • to determine if Halifax Water has applied an approved practice, please review our Rules and Regulations

What if I don't like the answer I received from Halifax Water?

If you are not happy with Halifax Water's response, you may make an appeal to the Dispute Resolution Officer (DRO).

The Dispute Resolution Officer is an independant officer (not an employee of Halifax Water or the Nova Scotia Utility and Review Board) who manages regulation based on customer issues. Appeals must include:

  • Halifax Water service request number
  • contact information
  • summary of your complaint
  • details on how Halifax Water offered to resolve your complaint
  • description of the outcome you believe would be fair

Appeals to the Dispute Resolution Officer can be submitted via:

By mail:

P.O. Box 51030
Halifax, NS
B3M 4R8


Phone: 902-225-0795