1. CALL TO ORDER
2. APPROVAL OF MINUTES – January 18, 2015
3. APPROVAL OF THE ORDER OF BUSINESS AND APPROVAL OF ADDITIONS AND DELETIONS
4. BUSINESS ARISING OUT OF THE MINUTES
5. CALL FOR DECLARATION OF CONFLICT OF INTERESTS
6. MOTIONS OF RECONSIDERATION – NONE
7. MOTIONS OF RESCISSION – NONE
8. CONSIDERATION OF DEFERRED BUSINESS – NONE
9. NOTICES OF TABLED MATTERS – NONE
10. CORRESPONDENCE, PETITIONS & DELEGATIONS
11. INFORMATION ITEMS BROUGHT FORWARD – NONE
12.2 MEMBERS OF STANDING COMMITTEE – None
13. MOTIONS – NONE
14. IN CAMERA (IN PRIVATE)
Standing Committees may rise and go into a private In Camera session, in accordance with Section 19 of the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter, for the purpose of dealing with the following:
14.1 In Camera (In Private) Minutes – January 18, 2016
Motion: That the In Camera (In Private) minutes of January 18, 2016 be approved as circulated.
14.2 Personnel Matter
Citizen and Councillor appointments to boards and committees in keeping with the Public Appointment Policy adopted by Regional Council in August 2011, to be found at http://www.halifax.ca/boardscom/documents/Citizenrecruitmentpolicy.pdf
14.2.1 2016 Volunteer Award Recipients – Private and Confidential Report
Motion: That the Executive Standing Committee recommend that Halifax Regional Council:
1. Approve the individual Adult and Youth award recipients; including ten volunteers to attend the Provincial Volunteer Awards and Halifax Regional Municipality’s (HRM) 2016 Volunteer of the Year Awards in Attachment 1 of the private and confidential report dated February 4, 2016;
2. Approve Community Group award recipients in two categories in Attachment 2 of the private and confidential report dated February 4, 2016; and
3. Not release this report to the public until the 2016 Halifax Regional Municipality’s (HRM) Volunteer Awards Ceremony on April 13, 2016.
14.2.2 Citizen Nominations to Design Review Committee – Private and Confidential Report
Motion: That the Executive Standing Committee proceed to nominate Professionals and Citizens at Large to the Design Review Committee for consideration by Regional Council for a term to November, 2017 as outlined in Attachment #1 the private and confidential staff report dated February 17, 2016.
14.3 Legal Advice – Private and Confidential Report
Motion: That the Executive Standing Committee forward the report dated February 17, 2016 to Regional Council for their information.
15. ADDED ITEMS
16. NOTICES OF MOTION
17. PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
18. DATE OF NEXT MEETING – Monday, March 21, 2016 at 10:00 a.m., Council Chamber, City Hall