Skip to content.
Preparing your References
Selecting and Preparing your Reference Check Information:
Consider the following as you choose your references:
- We require that you provide the names and contact information for a minimum of 3 references.
- One of your references must be your current or most recent supervisor.
- References must not be family members.
Your contribution to the process:
- Ensure your references have agreed to provide reference information, are available during the assessment process and are informed that they will be contacted.
- Consider providing your references with a copy of your resume.
- Ensure that you provide current contact information for your references.
- Provide names of alternate references, if requested.
Your references should:
- Have had an opportunity to observe you in job-relevant situations.
- Have direct knowledge of your work.
- Be able to answer specific questions pertaining to your achievements and strengths.
- Have worked with you recently for at least six months within the last three years.
- Be open and candid in providing relevant information about your work performance.