||Finance and ICT
||July 25, 2013
Applicant Procedure: Applicants must include the job title and competition number in the subject line of the email that is sent to email@example.com.
The Halifax Regional Municipality, Procurement Office is inviting applications for an immediate short term opening (90-day appointment) for the position of Storesperson.
Reporting the Storeroom Supervisor, the Storesperson is responsible for receiving, issuing, shipping and physical counts of stocked materials. The Storesperson is responsible for security, access control and general housekeeping duties within the designated controlled storage areas, maintaining a neat, orderly and safe work environment. The Storesperson may handle various inventory assets and commodities including specialized service materials, hazardous materials, general goods, bulk items and surplus assets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive, sort and route incoming parts and supplies, processing necessary SAP transactions and maintaining all applicable paperwork.
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against packing slips or invoices; record and report discrepancies and damaged goods.
- Issue parts and supplies to internal and external clients, ensuring proper authorizations and account codes are provided, prior to issue. Responsible to check stock availability at other warehouse locations and arrange for product transfer.
- Package items for shipment and affix identifying information and shipping instructions. Arrange shipping agent as required.
- Conduct physical inventory counts and complete stocktaking investigations.
- Optimize available space, physically relocating materials and associated SAP bin location as required.
- Manage all Material Reservations, including back-orders.
- Prepare Requisitions on clients behalf for inventoried and non inventoried items on an as required basis.
- Working with Inventory and Supply Buyers, prepare materials and associated transactions and paperwork for returns to suppliers.
- Research and collect data on materials for quotation, or specification preparation.
- Maintain tool crib with respect to tool loans and ensuring tools are returned in serviceable condition through visual inspection.
- Perform routine housekeeping, maintaining all storage areas in a safe and orderly manner.
- Using proper safety procedures and required protective equipment, operate forklift, pallet jacks, picking carts, cutting tools, etc.
- Assists and provides on- the-job training to other Storeroom personnel.
- Physical labour moving materials and equipment as required.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Minimum 1 year job related experience with a Computerized Inventory Management/ ERP system, (preferably SAP) as well as basic PC applications (Word-processing, Spreadsheet, email, Internet)
Technical / Job Specific Knowledge and Abilities:
- Knowledge of inventory management and control practices
- Knowledge of HRM’s Procurement Policy
- Knowledge of HRM Health and Safety policies and procedures
- Knowledge of HRM Administrative Policies
- Knowledge of SAP Goods Issue, Goods Receipt, Return Delivery, Bin Location Maintenance, Stock Requirements, Material Movements, Material Search
- Knowledge of automotive parts and parts manuals
- Knowledge of related manual processes and paperwork supporting inventory transactions.
- Knowledge of common PC business applications such as spreadsheets, word processing
- WHMIS Certification
- Valid Nova Scotia Driver’s License
Communication; Customer Service; Initiative; Teamwork and Co-operation; Valuing Diversity.
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Thursday, 4:00 pm – 2:00 am; 40 hrs/week.
SALARY: $20.55/hr as per collective agreement between HRM and CUPE Local 108.
WORK LOCATION: 150 Thornhill Drive, Municipal Fleet Storeroom
CLOSING DATE: applications will be accepted until 4:00 p.m. August 1, 2013
We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible person, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
Qualified HRM retirees may also be considered for competitions if other qualified candidates are not available, and the retiree possesses specialized knowledge and/or a unique skill set not otherwise available. In these circumstances, a form of employment may be offered, including term and/or contract employment.
Important Note: Don’t forget to include the competition number and job title in the email you send to firstname.lastname@example.org