Facts & Statistics About Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM)
- Approximately 5,577 square kilometers in area - ranging from high density urban settings to very low density communities
- Has a population of 372,679
- Annual budget is approximately $48 million
- 60 fire stations housing 200 pieces of apparatus
- 479 career staff (firefighters and civilian)
- approx 800 volunteer firefighters
- averaging 12,500 emergency responses per annum
Click Here to View Our Response Statistics and Station List.
Click Here To Return To "Recruitment Links"