Seniors' Home Safety Program
What is the Seniors' Home Safety Program?
The Seniors' Home Safety Program is a free home safety evaluation for seniors living in private residences. Specially trained volunteers, who are also seniors, pay a visit to the senior's home and make recommendations and provide information on enhancing the senior's safety.
The program includes the following:
- Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) - simple tips to make your home less inviting to criminals
- Frauds and scams - tips to help protect your assets and identity
- Vial of Life - a tool to assist emergency personnel in obtaining
important medical information during a crisis
- Elder abuse - information and options for help
- Fall prevention - tips for fall- proofing your home
- Insurance video - a valuable tool for insurance claims
- Valuables etching - marking your property for identification
- Fire safety - tips for preventing fires in your home
Who is eligible for the program?
Seniors 55+ living living in private residences in Halifax, Dartmouth and the communities extending from Bedford to the Sambro Loop.
Call 490-2554 or email email@example.com to set up an appointment or to learn more about the program.
Above content last modified Friday, September 11, 2015 at 3:59pm.