All appointments to positions in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) are made based on merit and vacant positions are filled by the most qualified candidates. When recruiting, selecting, and hiring candidates, the principles of merit and fairness are maintained.
HRM encourages applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, and Aboriginal persons in the workplace. HRM encourages applicants to self-identify.
- Some positions are filled by returning staff; however, all returning staff must reapply
- The number of jobs available is dependent upon budget approval; grant funding; and program registration numbers
- You must submit an application for every position you may be interested in
- All applications must be submitted online on or before the closing dates, with the exception of indoor pools
- You must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN). If you do not already have a SIN, contact Human Resources Development Canada as soon as possible. Apply for a SIN
- HRM staff is paid by direct deposit; therefore, you must have an active bank account
- Staff who work directly with children will be required to have a Child Abuse Registry screening and, if applicable, a Police Records Check
For indoor aquatic positions, please contact the facility directly
Spryfield Wave Pool:
Aquatic Specialist 902-479-4479
Aquatic Specialist 902-490-4605