Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies in Halifax
Looking for the perfect venue to celebrate your outdoor wedding?
The Halifax offers the best parks and facilities to help you celerate your special day.
- Outdoor Weddings | Pamphlet
- Facility Rental Form
The more popular wedding spaces are listed below, but ceremonies are not limited to these specific areas.
Outdoor Wedding Ceremonies | Information:
Guidelines & Fees
- Spaces may be reserved, with a permit, for $111.00. This includes a $15.00 non-refundable application fee and a $96.00 wedding ceremony fee.
- Fees must be paid a minimum of one month prior to the ceremony date.
- HRM parks and facilities are for wedding ceremonies only - receptions are not permitted on HRM grounds
- Interested parties are encouraged to reserve early to avoid disappointment
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in HRM parks and gardens
- Rentals are on a first-come, first-served basis
- Spaces are available seven days a week, from May to October, from 10am to 7pm
- As the wedding ceremony is held in a public space, public access will continue
- The permit ensures HRM will not book another event in the immediate area (temporary fencing is not permitted)
- Throwing of confetti and/or similar materials in HRM spaces is strictly prohibited. We ask an announcement be made prior to the ceremony to ensure guests understand the policy
- HRM parks and facilities belong to everyone and everyone is welcomed to enjoy them - areas cannot be roped off or otherwise isolated from general public access
- Parking is first-come, first served - no reserved parking is available
- Vehicles are not permitted in the parks unless on designated roadways
- In the event of extreme seasonal weather conditions, HRM staff and TPW-Municipal Operations will assess the potential for damages to the facility. If required, a staff will contact the client and a refund will be issued.
- Client cancellations must be received by the Facility Scheduling Office no later that one month in advance of the booking for a full refund.
Role of Halifax Regional Municipality
- TPW-Municipal Operations will visit the space and provide necessary clean-ups or repairs prior to the wedding ceremony.
Responsibilities of Users
- Adhere to all contractual regulations
- Set-up, take down, and clean-up
- Any damages caused to facility
- Due to the impact on the fragile environment, wedding ceremonies are not permitted in the Public Gardens.
- However, photography is permitted and does not requires pre-bookings.
Halifax Wedding Facility Locations:
Located on the corner of Barrington and South Street.
Located off Alderney Drive (also knows as Leighton Dillman Park, Dartmouth)
Located off Bedford Highway, on Convoy Run in Bedford
Ferry Terminal Park
Located off Alderney Drive at the Alderney Ferry Terminal (overlooking Halifax Harbour)
Fish Hatchery Park
Located off the Bedford Highway on Shore Avenue
Hemlock Ravine Park
Also known as "Julie's Pond", located off the Bedford Highway on Kent Avenue at the Heart Shaped Pond.
This site can only accommodate small weddings (15-20 people)
St. Mary’s Boat Club
Grass area adjacent to the SMBC located at the end of Fairfield Road, off Jubilee Road (overlooking Northwest Arm).
For more information, call 902.490.4688
Located at the end of Barrington Street (Western end, overlooking Bedford Basin)
Sir Sandford Fleming Park
Bandstand area on Dingle Road off Purcell's Cove Road
Located on Crichton Avenue, Dartmouth