Competition #: HW19-06E
Position Title: Term Pumping Station Service Person (approx. 6 months)
Department: Wastewater and Stormwater Services
Primary function: This position requires the operation and maintenance of sewage pumping stations. Operation of equipment and tools in difficult conditions in wastewater environment, inside and out is essential. The incumbent will be subject to confined spaces, noise, vibrations, odors, heat, cold, rain, snow, ice, and emergency call-outs after normal working hours. By working safely and cooperatively with others, employees in this classification contribute to meeting the operational objectives of Halifax Water.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and develop schedules and preventative mechanical maintenance on pumps, valves, piping and standby engines.
- Clean stations, wet wells, valve chambers, and holding tanks.
- Load and unloads equipment and materials as required.
- General care, maintenance and safe operation of assigned equipment and tools.
- Order supplies and materials as required.
- Provide written and verbal reports concerning daily work activities.
- Must be willing to work overtime for emergency call-outs
- Perform related duties as required including all the general duties of a labourer.
Minimum Requirements: Minimum qualifications for this position include grade 12 or equivalent and the completion of technical training in a mechanical discipline and industry training in water treatment pollution control along with a minimum of one year of experience working in the wastewater collection system.
HOURS OF WORK: As per Collective Agreement
RATE OF PAY: As per Collective Agreement
This is a CUPE Local 227 Unionized position
How to apply:
Completed cover letters and application forms [PDF] or resumes, stating Competition #HW19-06E, must be received by 4:30 pm on February 19, 2019. Please forward to:
P.O. Box 8388, RPO CSC
Halifax Water is an equal opportunity employer