Competition #: HW19-29E
Title: Field Service Technician, Level 1
Term: up to 9 months, ending no later than December 31, 2019
Department: Corporate Services
Under the supervision of the Supervisor of Metering or designate this position involves customer relations wherein the general work includes connecting & disconnecting metered water service, investigating customer inquiries, meter reading, enforcement of collection procedures and repair of metering equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfill appointments made through customer service area for water ons/offs, reads, cut-ins/outs, repair orders or general inquiries.
- Install, maintain and repair metering equipment, such as meters, remote registers, recording equipment, etc.
- Carry out field collection(s) for overdue accounts or to make payment arrangements, as required.
- Maintain records related to collection work and make recommendations re disconnection of service.
- Collect meter readings using a hand-held computer, or manually as required.
- Conduct field investigations for high consumption, service line leak detection, theft of water, vacant properties, etc. including completion of required reports or records and provide analysis.
- Perform general office duties including pick ups, deliveries, mail and banking.
- Complete and maintain forms, records and service orders as required.
- Promotes goodwill of HRWC through customer contact in the course of field work.
- 10. Carry out work in a safe manner and abide by all provincial safety legislation(s) and regulations of HRWC.
- Operate Halifax Water vehicle and use tools as required.
- Perform such other related duties as may be assigned.
Education: Grade 12 or N.S. Department of Education equivalent
Experience: One year previous related experience. Mechanical trades preferred.
Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: Valid N.S. Drivers License
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must have a high degree of ability to deal courteously and competently with customers
- Must be able to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to work accurately with figures and detailed records
- Must be capable of working independently and in a team environment
- General knowledge of function of meters, remote registers and associated equipment.
- Ability to meet established deadlines and deal with varying workloads and work habits
- Must keep Halifax Water vehicle tidy
- Neat appearance and courteous manner
- Thorough knowledge of departmental procedures.
- Familiarity with keyboard and ability to perform data entry accurately
Reports to: Supervisor of Metering
This CUPE Local 227 bargaining unit position
How to Apply
Completed cover letters and application forms [PDF] or resumes, stating Competition #HW19-29E must be received by 4:30 p.m. on March 25, 2019. Please forward to:
P.O. Box 8388, RPO CSC
Halifax Water is an equal opportunity employer