Halifax Municipal Archives continually adds to its holdings through transfers of municipal records and donations of community records. While it takes time to make these new acquisitions completely accessible, this listing of unprocessed records at least gives a hint of what we've recently acquired.
Information about records that are processed and described can be found in the Archives database.
The Municipality gratefully acknowledges the donors who have given historical records to the Municipal Archives.
- Collins family historical lecture notes and accompanying photographs , 1960-1990. Donated by the estate of Pamela Collins
- Halifax Explosion 100th anniversary commemorative coin
- Directors of Point Pleasant Park records, 1959-1995
- City of Halifax newsletters and HRM News, 1992-2013
- Photographs of West House, MacDonald bridge construction and Quinpool Road School, 1930-1950. Donated by Philip Alberstat
- Municipal planning reports, 1970-2000. Donated by the Dalhousie University Faculty of Architecture and Planning.
- County of Halifax Mayor's correspondence and photographs, 1960-1996
- Transit Services promotional videos, photographs and special event files, 1996-2005
- Joseph Howe Festival Society accrual, 1971-2005. Transferred from NS Archives
- Halifax Common Plan and Survey and Petition, 1760, 1859
- Halifax Council Swearing-in-ceremony film, 1969. Donated by former alderman Reg Allen
Contact the Archives to inquire about viewing these recent acquisitions.