If your business is along one of the following highways, or a side road connected to one of these highways, your business or organization can apply to display an ad on a municipal advertising structure:
Highway 333, Prospect to Upper Tantallon
Route 3, only for a distance of 500 meters from the intersection of Highway 333 and Route 3
How do I apply for a licence to display an ad on a municipal advertising structure?
For each sign licence, you must include:
- a completed application form [PDF]
- the distance between the location of the subject of the advertisement and the advertising structure
- payment of application fee ($200 initially, $50 to renew)
- the licence number if the application is for a renewal
Submit this information and all supporting documentation to any municipal Customer Service Centre:
- Scotia Square: 5201 Duke Street, Halifax B3J 1N9
- Bayer's Road: 7071 Bayers Road, 2nd Floor Towers, Halifax B3L 4P3
- Alderney Gate: 40 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth B2Y 2N5
- Acadia Centre: 636 Sackville Drive, Lower Sackville B4C 2S3
Service hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Closed on statutory holidays.
What happens if there is no more room on the advertising structure?
When the first sets of advertising structures are full, the municipality may install more structures. This would mean the area where other signs are not permitted would be expanded, to maintain the 2.5-kilometer distance between advertising structures.
Where will the advertising structure be located?
The first set of advertising structures is installed in the location identified on the map below. The highlighted section of the identified highway shown below represents the space where signs are no longer permitted.