Dexel Developments Ltd. is applying to enter into a development agreement for an 8-storey (plus penthouse) mixed-use development at 6324 & 6330 Quinpool Road with a 3-storey section facing Pepperell Street. View the latest staff report.
View the site in Google Maps
The applicant wishes to develop an 8-storey (plus penthouse) building. The major features of the proposal are:
• An 8-storey portion of the building facing Quinpool Road, and a 3-storey portion of the building facing Pepperell Street;
• A three-storey streetwall facing Quinpool Road; and
• Ground floor commercial uses facing Quinpool Road.
The following documents provide information about the proposal:
• On January 16, 2018, Regional Council directed staff to begin a process to consider new planning policy.
• Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) hosted a public meeting on Thursday, October 11th, 2018. View the meeting notes.
• PAC discussed this proposal on December 10, 2018. View the meeting minutes. PAC will forward their comments to Council for consideration.
• Halifax and West Community Council discussed this proposal on June 11, 2019. Community Council forwarded their recommendation to Regional Council.
• Regional Council considered this proposal at their June 18, 2019 meeting and subsequently scheduled a public hearing. View the staff report.
• Public hearing was held on July 16, 2019 and the proposed amendments were approved by Regional Council.
• Halifax and West Community Council will hold a second public hearing to consider a development agreement, which would allow the proposal to be built.
Halifax and West Community Council will host a public hearing on Tuesday, August 24, 2021 to consider a development agreement for an 8-storey (plus penthouse) mixed-use development at 6324 & 6330 Quinpool Road.
This meeting will occur in a virtual setting and attending in-person is not possible. The virtual public hearing will be a webcast and may be viewed online.
Given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, written submissions are welcomed and encouraged in advance of the hearing itself. These submissions are distributed to all Councillors and considered at the time of their decision. Written submissions may be forwarded to the Municipal Clerk by e-mail, by fax, 902-490-4208; or by mail, P.O. Box 1749, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3A5. Written submissions must be received by the Municipal Clerk’s office as early as possible and not later than 3:00 p.m. on August 23, 2021. Please allow sufficient time for delivery given slower than typical mail delivery times during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Individuals seeking to speak at the hearing should contact the Municipal Clerk’s office no later than 4:30 p.m. on August 23, 2021 to be added to the speaker's list to speak by telephone. We encourage all residents who wish to speak at the meeting to ask to have their names added to the list. Individuals who choose not to speak may ask to have their names removed from the speaker's list.
To be placed on the speaker's list:
• Send an email; or
• Call and leave a voicemail at 902.490.4210; or
• Send a fax to the clerk at 902.490.4208.
In your message, please include the meeting body, the planning case number (20520) or the civic address, in addition to your name, your community of residence, email address, and telephone number. Should you have questions about the process of the virtual public hearing, please contact the Municipal Clerks Office by email or phone at 902.490.4210.