Dexel Developments Ltd. is applying to enter into a development agreement for an 8-storey (plus penthouse) mixed-use development at 6324 & 6330 Quinpool Road with a 3-storey section facing Pepperell Street. View the latest staff report.
View the site in Google Maps
The applicant wishes to develop an 8-storey (plus penthouse) building. The major features of the proposal are:
• An 8-storey portion of the building facing Quinpool Road, and a 3-storey portion of the building facing Pepperell Street;
• A three-storey streetwall facing Quinpool Road; and
• Ground floor commercial uses facing Quinpool Road.
The following documents provide information about the proposal:
• On January 16, 2018, Regional Council directed staff to begin a process to consider new planning policy.
• Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee (PAC) hosted a public meeting on Thursday, October 11th, 2018. View the meeting notes.
• PAC discussed this proposal on December 10, 2018. View the meeting minutes. PAC will forward their comments to Council for consideration.
• Halifax and West Community Council discussed this proposal on June 11, 2019. Community Council forwarded their recommendation to Regional Council.
• Regional Council considered this proposal at their June 18, 2019 meeting and subsequently scheduled a public hearing. View the staff report.
• Public hearing was held on July 16, 2019 and the proposed amendments were approved by Regional Council.
• Halifax and West Community Council will hold a second public hearing to consider a development agreement, which would allow the proposal to be built.
Halifax and West Community Council approved the development agreement at a public hearing on August 24, 2021.