WSP, on behalf of Westwood Construction Ltd., has requested to enter into a development agreement to enable a mixed-use development that consists of 6 buildings on a shared private driveway on lands located between Almon Street and St. Albans Street (PIDs 00005090, 40414021, 00005108, 40414013, 40414005, 00005116, 00005272, 00005264, 00005140, 00005132, and 00005124).
Three buildings (A, B and C) are proposed in the first phase with a later phase that will also consist of three buildings (D, E and F).
• Building A: located in the centre of the site, includes a two-storey podium containing commercial uses (retail and/or office), and a residential tower located above the podium. The tower is oriented towards Almon Street and is 291 ft. / 88.7 m. in height (27-storey tower, 2-storey podium).
• Building B: located in the centre of the site, includes a two-storey podium containing commercial uses (retail and office), and a residential tower located above the podium. The tower is oriented towards St. Albans Street and is 120 ft. / 36.6 m. in height (10-storey tower, 2-storey podium). Building B is connected to Building A by an enclosed pedway at the second level of the podium.
• Building C: commercial building that is 94 ft. / 28.7 m. in height (7 storeys). Commercial retail uses are proposed at ground level and office uses are proposed within the storeys above grade.
• Building D: fronts on Almon Street and runs parallel to the western boundary of the site. Primarily residential building with townhouse-style units at ground level along the extension of Clifton Street. Commercial/retail uses at the ground level along Almon Street. Proposed building height of 120 ft. / 36.6 m. on Almon Street, and 76 ft. / 23 m. along the Clifton Street extension (10-storey tower, 7-storey podium configuration).
• Building E: is located near the intersection of Clifton and St. Albans Streets. This building is intended to be for commercial and/or community use, and is proposed at 4 storeys in height.
• Building F: is a commercial building fronting on Almon Street at the northeastern portion of the site. This building is intended to have a footprint of approximately 2,250 ft2 and a maximum height of 35 ft./11 m. in height (2 to 3- storey building).
The application will be considered under the development agreement process, with a decision at Halifax and West Community Council.
Currently this application is at the review team stage of the process where the request is reviewed by internal municipal staff.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.