Application by Myles Baldwin, Shane Beehan and Jillian Demmons for a development agreement at 2720 Gottingen Street, Halifax to allow for a restaurant and pub (Narrows Public House).
The applicant has applied to enter into a development agreement with HRM for the site, which is a municipally registered heritage property. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Restaurant and pub on the main level;
• Basement storage for restaurant;
• Second level washrooms and residential units;
• Third level residential unit;
• Landscaping and fencing around the property;
• Noise abatement including a restriction on amplified music;
• Limits on hours of operation as follows:
Main Level of Home:
- Sunday-Thursday: 11:00 a.m. - 11:30 p.m. (service stops at 11:00 p.m.)
- Friday & Saturday: 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 a.m. (service stops at 12:00 a.m.)
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement with PAC & HAC process.
This application was considered by the Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee at a meeting on September 11th 2017. Minutes of that meeting and from the Public Information Meeting held on August 10th 2017 can be found at the links below:
• PIM minutes
• PAC Minutes
The application is now undergoing an internal review and will proceed to the Heritage Advisory Committee and Halifax and West Community Council for consideration in the coming months.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.