KWR Approvals Inc., on behalf of the property owner, Arnaout Investments Incorporated, is applying to rezone property at the southeast corner of the intersection of Dunbrack Street and Wentworth Drive from R-2 (Two Family Dwelling) Zone to R-2T (Townhouse) Zone and R-4 (Multiple Dwelling) Zone under the Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law.
The applicant wishes to construct a 90-unit apartment building and 10 townhouses on the subject site.
The major features of the proposal are as follows:
• Rezoning would allow any development permitted in the new zones, subject to the development rules in the Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law;
• Applicant is considering an apartment building and ten townhouses for the subject site;
• Subject site is next to the Rockingham South development agreement area;
• Access to the site is proposed to be from Wentworth Drive;
• 10 three-bedroom townhouses are proposed to front Wentworth Drive;
• Apartment building proposed to be two five-storey towers with 90 units in total;
• Proposed unit mix in the apartment building:
- 30 two-bedroom units;
- 60 one-bedroom units; and
The development plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information on servicing, access, architectural design, height, parking and some landscaping.
The development plans shared during the planning application (rezoning) process are examples of what the final design could look like. The Halifax Mainland Land Use By-law will regulate final architectural and site plan design.
The application will follow the rezoning process.
A Public Information Meeting to share information and hear feedback about this application was held on Thursday, December 13, 2018. View the staff presentation.
A summary of the comments and questions received at the Public Information Meeting is available.
Staff are completing a detailed analysis of the application informed by feedback from the public and the planning team and preparing a recommendation report for Halifax and West Community Council (HWCC). HWCC will consider the application and decide whether to schedule a public hearing before making a final decision on the application.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to help them evaluate the application. The original submission includes:
A supplementary submission provides updates to the following components of the original submission:
The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth. (40 Alderney Drive, Downtown Dartmouth).