Application by Dartmouth Cove Property Development Inc. to amend existing Stage I and Stage II Development Agreements.
The applicant wishes to change the design of the approved ramp access to the development, allow a Marina in all phases of the development, and allow additional temporary uses on the lands.
The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Extend the commencement of construction deadline for the 2nd vehicle access by 2 years;
- Add a provision in the agreement to allow for alternate designs for the second access to be considered, in addition to the current ‘helix’ design;
- Allow Marina use within in all phases of the development, as opposed to only specific phases as referenced in the current agreement.
- Add a number of uses permitted in the Waterfront Zone to animate the site during the ongoing construction period. Uses would include boat clubs, tourist kiosks, boat launches, etc;
- Allow greater flexibility of the use of the existing former industrial building currently located on the site.
- Allow interim uses on the property to animate the site;
- Allow more flexibility in signage regulation within the development agreement to reflect the DDLUB provisions; and
- Revisions to the public art requirements currently held within the development agreement.
The Documents for Evaluation (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail.
The application is being considered under the Substantive Amendment to Development Agreement process.
The proposal is now in the Preliminary Review stage.