Halifax and West Community Council will host a public hearing on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at 6:00 p.m. in Halifax City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax. At the close of the public hearing, Council will vote on whether to enable the proposed development.
WSP, on behalf of Façade Investments Ltd., is applying to amend the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-Law to enable a 9 storey mixed-use residential/commercial development on Quinpool Road, and 6 storey section mid-block and a 3.5 storey section facing Pepperell Street.
View the site on Google Maps
The applicant wishes to develop a 9-storey building. The major features of the proposal are:
• Over 70 apartments in a nine-storey building on Quinpool Road
• Ground floor commercial uses facing Quinpool Road
• A two storey streetwall facing Quinpool Road
• 6 units in a three-storey section facing Pepperell Street
The following documents provide information about the proposal:
These documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office at 40 Alderney Drive in Downtown Dartmouth.
The application is a request for new planning policy. Before Regional Council can make any decision about the proposal, a Public Hearing must be held.
• On January 16, 2018, Regional Council directed staff to begin a process to consider new planning policy.
• On May 7, 2018, the Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee and Municipal Planning staff hosted a public meeting. The presentations from that meeting are below.
• Regional Council gave first reading to the proposed Municipal Planning Strategy and Land Use By-law amendments.
• Halifax West Community Council considered the proposed development agreement on June 11, 2019. View the staff report.
• A public hearing was held on July 16, 2019 and Regional Council approved the new Municipal Planning Strategy policy to consider a development agreement (legal contract) for the subject site.
• A public hearing has been scheduled for August 6, 2019 and Halifax and West Community Council review and make a decision on the proposed development agreement (legal contract) which would enable the proposed development. View the agenda.
Halifax and West Community Council will host a public hearing at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, August 6, 2019 at Halifax City Hall, 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax. At the close of the Public Hearing, Council will vote on whether to enable the proposed development by development agreement. Residents who wish to speak on this proposal may do so at the hearing. Written submissions will be considered at that time. Please forward submissions to the Municipal Clerk: by mail, P.O. Box 1749, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3J 3A5; by fax, 902-490-4208; or by email. Written submissions should be received by the Municipal Clerk’s office as early as possible and not later than 3:00 p.m. on August 6, 2019
View the latest Halifax and West Community Council staff report on this proposal.
View the latest Regional Council staff report on this proposal.
View the latest building drawings.