A Public Information Meeting was held on Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Halifax Forum (Maritime Hall), 2901 Windsor Street, Halifax.
Application by WM Fares Architects, on behalf of the property owner, for an amendment to the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law to add the lands to Schedule Q and a development agreement to enable a 17-storey mixed use building.
The applicant wishes to construct a residential development on lands located at Robie Street, Bilby Street, and Macara Street. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• 17-storey tower including a four-storey streetwall (approximately 184 feet in height)
• 10,000 square feet of ground floor commercial space
• 107 Residential Units with 56% being two bedrooms or greater
• 1,500 square feet of indoor amenity space
• 93 parking spaces with access to underground parking facilities off Macara Street
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposed building design, access and parking, servicing, and traffic impacts.
Staff is currently undertaking a detailed review of the application. A Public Information Meeting was held on June 6, 2018 at Halifax Forum (Maritime Hall), 2901 Windsor Street, Halifax. Please see the PIM Summary Notes in the listed documents below.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.