Application by Fares & Co. Development Inc. to enter a new Stage I Development Agreement to allow a mixed-use development inclusive of up to 1500 residential units, commercial space, hotel, marina, parks and open space, and new streets on the lands commonly known as King`s Wharf, Dartmouth.
The applicant has requested to update their existing development agreement to reflect today’s design trends and market demands. A new development concept design has been proposed which includes changes to building heights, street layouts, park and open space locations, and land use locations. This new concept would involve replacing the existing Development Agreement with a new Stage I agreement under the existing site specific W-9 and W-9B policies of the Downtown Dartmouth Secondary Planning Strategy. Key aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Revised second access design to accommodate emergency vehicles and pedestrians
• Amended road network and phasing plan
• Inclusion of two public parks and public access to the waterfront
• Introduction of townhouse style units along the outward facing extent of the King’s Wharf peninsula
• Removal of the previously proposed saltmarsh open space
• Removal of Ferry Terminal Park connection
• Exempt grocery stores from the total amount of commercial space allowed on the site
• Inclusion of new design standards regulating building massing and architecture
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to buildings, parking locations, road access, park space, trail connections, and landscaping.
This application has been circulated to municipal departments and related agencies for their review and comment. Public Consultation will occur on May 30, 2018 at 7:00 pm at Christ Church Hall, 61 Dundas Street, Dartmouth.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.