Application by Fares & Co. Development Inc. to enter a new Stage I Development Agreement to allow a mixed-use development inclusive of up to 1500 residential units, commercial space, hotel, marina, parks and open space, and new streets on the lands commonly known as King`s Wharf, Dartmouth.
Having begun this development 9 years ago, the applicant desires to update their development plans to reflect todays design trends and market demands. As such, a new development concept design has been proposed which includes changes to building heights, street layouts, park and open space locations, use locations, and allowable uses. This new concept would involve replacing the existing Development Agreement with a new Stage I agreement under the existing site specific W-9 and W-9B policies of the Downtown Dartmouth Secondary Planning Strategy. Key aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Proposed removal of the second vehicle access rationalized with a submitted risk assessment and options analysis (See ‘Documents Submitted for Evaluation’ section below;
- Inclusion of a new ‘Cove Beach Park’ adjacent to a potential future Ferry Park Trail;
- Introduction of townhouse style units along the outward facing extent of the King’s Wharf peninsula;
- Removal of the previously proposed saltmarsh open space;
- Proposed increase to the amount of commercial space allowed on the site;
- Allow additional interim uses on vacant lands in advance of full site development;
- Amended road network and phasing plan;
- Proposed inclusion of new design standards regulating building architecture on the site; and
- Other proposed changes as identified in the table labeled as Appendix A in the Documents section below.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to buildings, parking locations, road access, park space, trail connections, and landscaping.
This application is currently being circulated to Municipal departments and related agencies for their review and comment. Public Consultation will occur after this step and will be posted to this website when scheduled.