Public Information Meeting for this application will be held October 30, 2019, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at Stairs Memorial United Church Hall at 44 Hester St., Dartmouth, NS B3A 1K2.
Fathom Studio is applying to enter into a development agreement to permit an 11 storey mixed use development on lands at 18 and 22 Rosedale Avenue and Floral Avenue in Dartmouth.
The applicant is proposing a mixed use residential and commercial development that would be completed in two phases. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- The first phase (Building A in the proposal) will be located to the east of the lands and will consist of a low-rise podium with a 4-storey streetwall surmounted by a 9-storey tower;
- This phase will have approximately 126 dwelling units and about 131 parking spaces;
- The ground level floor will accommodate approximately 2500 square feet of commercial;
- The 4-storey podium is set back about 20 feet from the R-1 property line of the dwelling at the end of Fraser Street. This setback and the stepback to the 9-storey portion from the property line may be seen in the attached plans below;
- The second phase (Building B in the proposal) of this proposed development will feature a 4-storey streetwall surmounted by an 11 storey tower;
- This phase will have a joined parking garage having 3 separate entry points;
- This phase will have approximately and about 64 below grade parking stalls;
- The two phases open onto a shared open space corridor that serves as central open space for the townhouse type units with groundfloor access; and
- The existing heritage home on the site will be relocated.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposed buildings for both phases (including perspective views, floor plans and elevations), site plan, landscape design plan, traffic impact study, topographical survey and wind/shadow study.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement planning approval process.
A preliminary review by planning staff has been carried out in regards to this application and comments provided to the applicant.
The next stage in the process will be public consultation. This will take the form of a hybrid open house and information session to be held October 30, 2019, from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm, at Stairs Memorial United Church Hall at 44 Hester St., Dartmouth, NS B3A 1K2. The applicant will display the development proposal on presentation style boards and will be present to discuss them with those attending the meeting. Planning staff will give a presentation regarding the policy that allows this application to be considered. After any questions or concerns regarding planning policy or process the applicant’s presentation will continue with discussions and questions at the proposal information boards.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.