Walid Jriege is applying to rezone from the R-6 (Rural Residential) Zone to the R-5 (Townhouse Dwelling) Zone and subdivide the property located at the corner of Sackville Drive and Wilson Lake Drive (PID 40574907), Sackville.
The applicant wishes to rezone the subject site to allow for development of townhouse units, 5 each on a separate lot after subdivision. Rezoning is a prerequisite to the type of development proposed. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- The subject site is to be rezoned to R-5 allowing for no more than 6 townhouse units on a lot
- The current proposal is for 10 dwelling units in two buildings
- Subdividing the lot, while not part of the application, will be a necessity to allow for two townhouse complexes of the proposed 5 units each
- The consolidated lot is 1.51 acres (6111 square metres)
- The applicant submitted a traffic impact study
- The applicant submitted servicing schematics for water and wastewater
- A Nova Scotia Power easement runs over small segments of the subject site
- Any development following rezoning would be required to meet the Sackville Land Use By-laws for the R-5 zone (Sackville LUB)
The Site & Servicing Plan (provided below) outlines the development proposal, and includes information related to subdivision, lot size, site plan, building location, driveways, parking, and services.
The application will be considered under the Planning Applications Approval Process for Rezoning.
A public information meeting was held May 16, 2019 at the Sackville Heights Community Centre - Silver/Gold Room - 45 Connolly Road, Middle Sackville, NS B4E 1S6. View the PowerPoint presentation.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.