WSP Canada has applied to amend two existing development agreements in Bedford.
The applicant wishes to amend an existing development agreement at PID 41119496, lands at northwest corner of the intersection of Bedford Highway and Southgate Drive a.k.a Lot BH-1, to permit a 5 storey multiple unit building, and also to amend another existing development agreement on PIDs 00360560, 00430025, 00430017, 00429977, and 00430058, lands along Bedford Highway between Southgate Drive and Glenmont Avenue a.k.a. Lot BH-2.
WSP Canada has submitted a revised application for the above properties in response to comments received during the team review. The major change to the application is the withdrawal of the townhouse portion of the request (30 townhouse units accessed from Bedford Highway proposed to be located on Lot BH-2) to be replaced by four (4) single unit detached dwellings that face onto the Bedford Highway but are accessed from Glenmont Avenue and a one storey 16,000 square feet commercial building accessed from Bedford Highway. All other aspects of the original proposal remain as follows:
• A 5 storey, 73 unit multiple unit building atop a parking podium is proposed to be located on Lot BH-1;
• The multiple unit building proposes 101 underground parking stalls;
• Access to underground parking of multiple unit building located at street level in side slope along Southgate Drive;
• one single detached unit (accessed from Glenmont Avenue) proposed to be located on Lot BH-2;
• Watercourse buffering as per LUB requirements.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed site development, proposed building design, traffic impact statement and preliminary servicing schematics.
The application by WSP Canada is complete and the preliminary review of the proposal has been carried out and preliminary comments provided to the applicant.
The next step in the process is a public information meeting (PIM) to gather input from the surrounding community. Notification of this meeting will be mailed to residents who live within the mailout area.