(POSTPONED TILL FUTHER NOTICE)
The Public Information Meeting which was to be held on September 13, 2018 beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the Lebrun Recreation Centre – Lion’s Den, 36 Holland Avenue, Bedford Nova Scotia, B4A 1E5 has been postponed until further notice.
WSP Canada has applied to amend two existing development agreements in Bedford.
The applicant wishes to amend an existing development agreement at PID 41119496, lands at northwest corner of the intersection of Bedford Highway and Southgate Drive a.k.a Lot BH-1, to permit a 5 storey multiple unit building, and also to amend another existing development agreement on PIDs 00360560, 00430025, 00430017, 00429977, and 00430058, lands along Bedford Highway between Southgate Drive and Glenmont Avenue a.k.a. Lot BH-2, to permit 30 townhouse dwelling units and one single detached dwelling unit in Bedford. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- A 5 storey, 73 unit multiple unit building atop a parking podium is proposed to be located on Lot BH-1;
- The multiple unit building proposes 101 underground parking stalls;
- Access to underground parking located at street level in side slope along Southgate Drive;
- 30 townhouse units (accessed from Bedford Highway) and one single detached unit (accessed from Glenmont Avenue) are proposed to be located on Lot BH-2;
- Townhouse units are proposed to be 3 stories in height;
- Some townhouse units include rear patios;
- Watercourse buffering as per LUB requirements.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed site development, proposed building design, traffic impact statement and preliminary servicing schematics.
The application by WSP Canada is complete and the preliminary review of the proposal has been carried out and preliminary comments provided to the applicant.
The next step in the process is a public information meeting (PIM) to gather input from the surrounding community. This PIM will be held September 13, 2018 beginning at 7:00 p.m. at the Lebrun Recreation Centre – Lion’s Den, 36 Holland Avenue, Bedford Nova Scotia, B4A 1E5. Notification of this meeting will be mailed to residents within the notification area.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.
Lot BH-1 – Site Plan
Lot BH-1 – Building Drawings
Lot BH-1 – Servicing Schematics
Lot BH-2 – Site Plan
Lot BH-2 – Building Drawings
Lot BH-2 – Servicing Schematics
Traffic Impact Statement
Sanitary Capacity Analysis