A staff report will be considered by Halifax and West Community Council on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at Halifax City Hall (Council Chamber), 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax, NS.
Feng Linda Liao is applying to rezone and enter into a new development agreement permitting a child care centre at 165 Roxbury Crescent, Halifax.
The applicant wishes to discharge an existing development agreement and rezone the lands allowing for a new development agreement to permit a child care facility. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Location is on the corner of Roxbury Crescent and Langbrae Drive, Halifax
• The existing building is a residential dwelling that the applicant intends to repurpose for a child care facility
• Proposed name is Clayton Park Learning Centre
• 32 children may be expected to occupy the space
• The building will retain its residential form
• An addition over the garage is being considered
• Four staff are anticipated with adequate parking
• Parent parking for pick up and drop off would be along Langbrae Drive and main use through the rear door of the property
• There is a wait list for spaces
• A development agreement currently exists from the original subdivision and development plan, and is to be discharged and replaced with a new development agreement specific to child care centres
• The Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy allows applications for development agreement contracts to permit child care centres under Implementation Policies 3.20 and 3.20.1
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to parking, staff, pick up and drop off, building form and renovations, licensing.
The application will be considered under the Rezone and Development Agreement process.
A public Information meeting was held on Tuesday, March 12, 2019 at Rockingham United Church Hall, 12 Flamingo Drive, Halifax, from 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. View the public information meeting presentation.
A staff report will be considered by Halifax and West Community Council on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, at 6:00 p.m. at Halifax City Hall (Council Chamber), 1841 Argyle Street, Halifax, NS. View the staff report.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.