APL Properties Ltd. is applying to enter into a Development Agreement at 6009 – 6017 Quinpool Road, Halifax to allow a 25-storey mixed-use building.
In June 2018, Regional Council amended the Quinpool Road Commercial Area Plan of the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy and the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law to allow for a 25-storey mixed use building at 6009 – 6017 Quinpool Road. Policies 2.10 to 2.10.4 of the Quinpool Road Commercial Area Plan were created to guide development of the site and allow development to occur by Development Agreement.
Pursuant to Policies 2.10 to 2.10.4, the applicant wishes to enter into a Development Agreement to allow a mixed-use building at the corner of Quinpool Road and Robie Street, Halifax. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• A 25-storey building with commercial uses at the ground floor
• Two underground levels of parking containing 94 parking spaces
• A maximum of 313 units with over 50% two or more bedrooms
• Approximately 11,260 square feet of ground floor commercial space
• Amenity space including landscaped public terraces, a gym, a party room, and private terraces or balconies
• A total of 150 bicycle parking spaces
• Ten (10) affordable housing units and undergrounded electric and utility wires
The development plans (provided below) outline the proposal in detail, and include information related to the proposed building design, access and parking, servicing, traffic impacts, and wind impacts.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
Staff are undertaking a detailed review of the application.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.