Twin Lakes Development has applied for a substantive amendment to an existing development agreement to allow two 12-storey residential towers on a common podium with commercial uses at grade.
The applicant proposes to construct a building on the subject site with the following key features:
• Two 12-storey towers connected by a common podium;
• 175 dwelling units;
• Commercial uses at grade fronting Prince Albert Road;
• 216 underground vehicle parking spaces;
• 20 surface vehicle parking spaces;
• A hard-surfaced walkway connecting Prince Albert Road and Alderney Elementary School;
The subject site is zoned R-3 (Multiple Family Residential) and C-2 (General Business) by the Dartmouth Land Use By-law. This application does not include a request to change the existing zoning.
The Development Plans provided below outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to design, site layout, landscaping, traffic, servicing and potential pedestrian wind impacts of the proposed development.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
Staff are completing a review of the application before scheduling a Public Information Meeting.
The Harbour East Marine Drive Community Council will ultimately decide whether to approve or deny the application based on the criteria in the Regional Municipal Planning Strategy and the Dartmouth Municipal Planning Strategy.
The subject site is located in District 5 – Dartmouth Centre.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office, 1st Floor, 40 Alderney Drive, Dartmouth.
• Planning Application
• Planning Rationale
• Architectural package including floor plans, site plan and elevations
• Traffic Impact Statement
• Servicing Plan
• Pedestrian Wind Impact Assessment
• Survey Plan and property description