Application by Jason Wong, to rezone lands at 3850 Robie Street, Halifax from R-2 (General Residential) Zone to R-2A (General Residential Conversion) Zone to allow for a 6-unit residential building.
The applicant wishes to rezone their property at 3850 Robie Street, Halifax from R-2 to R-2A. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• Designated Urban Settlement under the Regional Plan
• Designated Residential under the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy
• Zoned R-2 under the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law
• Originally built as a 4 unit dwelling, it was converted to house 6 units
• R-2 Zoning allows up to 4 units, leaving the 2 additional unoccupied
• The R-2A zone would allow the legal re-activation of these two units
• R-2A zone has strict standards regarding the conversion of existing housing
• 50% of the units are required to be a minimum of 800 square feet in area
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to size of units, traffic impact, and site plan with parking, access, and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the Rezoning PAC Process.
A Public Information Meeting will be scheduled. The application will then be reviewed by the Halifax Peninsula Planning Advisory Committee. Staff have completed an initial review, and circulated the application to relevant internal review agencies.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.