Application by Michelle and Shawn Cleary requesting to enter into a development agreement on lands at 6583 Quinpool Road, Halifax to allow for the expansion of an existing day care from 14 to 20 children under care.
The applicant proposes to expand an existing daycare facility, Maple Tree Montessori, located 6853 Quinpool Road, Halifax. The expansion would increase the number of spaces from 14 to 20 children. The facility is operated from the first floor of a residential dwelling at the corner of Quinpool Road and Poplar Street in Halifax.
The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Maple Tree Montessori has been in operation since 2012.
- Hour of operations between 8:30am to 5:30pm.
- Three staff at the location, currently 2.6 full time equivalents (FTE), increasing to 3 FTE with 20 spaces.
- Many of the children currently enrolled live within walking distance.
- Driveway can support 3 vehicles and 1 inside the garage.
- Increase from 14 to 20 children at the daycare, 6 new spaces total.
- Property zone R-1 under the Halifax Peninsula Land Use By-law
- Property Designated Residential under the Halifax Municipal Planning Strategy
The documents (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposal rational and traffic impact.
Staff are reviewing the submitted documents and will be scheduling a Public Information Meeting.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.