Application by Breakhouse Architecture to enter into a development agreement for an 8-storey mixed use building at the corners of Bilby Street, Gottingen Street, and Macara Street, Halifax.
The applicant wishes to build an 8-storey mixed use building on the block between Bilby and Macara Streets, fronting along Gottingen Street.
The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• An 85 foot tall building with a two-storey streetwall, 5-storey tower and single storey penthouse
• 149 residential units, including 5 townhouses along Macara Street with the remainder being 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments
• 7,725 square feet of commercial space along Gottingen Street
• Underground parking with access off Bilby Street (100 car stalls and 62 bicycle stalls)
• Landscaping with outdoor leisure space for residents along Bilby Street
The applicant submitted material (provided below) which outlines the development proposal in detail, including project renderings, building drawings and a Traffic Impact Study.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement process.
Staff are undertaking a detailed review of the application.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.