Application by WM Fares Architects, on behalf of the property owner, requesting amendments to an existing development on lands at the intersection of Dunbrack Street and Ruth Goldbloom Drive, Halifax to allow for the development of a 5 storey, 72 Suite Hotel.
The applicant wishes to amend an existing Stage I and Stage II development agreement to allow for the development of a 5 storey, 72 suite Hotel. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Existing Stage I development agreement permits a commercial use on the subject site up to 4 storeys;
- Existing Stage II development agreement permits a proposed a 2-3 storey commercial building;
- Proposal to amend the Stage I Agreement to increase permitted height on subject site from 4 to 5 storeys;
- Amend the Stage I to add hotel as a permitted use on the site;
- Amend the Stage II Agreement to replace the appropriate schedules;
- Proposed hotel will be 72 suites with an overall height of 5 storeys;
- Proposed parking will be provided onsite via an external surface lot for 30 vehicles and interior below grade lot for 52 vehicles; and
- Proposed bicycle parking will consist of 8 interior and 4 exterior stalls;
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to application letter, building location, parking locations, access, and building elevations.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amending Development Agreement Process for changes to the Stage I Agreement and the Non-Substantive Amending Process for the changes to the Stage II Agreement.
Staff have completed a detailed review of the proposed changes. A mailout has been provided to surrounding residents asking for comments to be sent to the project contact by November 15, 2019.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Dartmouth.