WM Fares Architects is applying for substantive amendments to an existing development agreement to enable changes to the exterior building materials and design at 8 Walker Avenue, Lower Sackville.
The applicant proposes to extend the commencement and completion times of the existing development agreement, as well as modifications to the building design and updating materials and colours. This agreement was approved by North West Community Council in 2015.
The major aspects of the approved proposal are as follows:
- Two 4-storey mixed-use buildings on top of basement level parking garage;
- 124 units in total; all units proposed to be 2-bedroom;
- 10,000 square feet commercial space in total;
- Minimum 110 underground parking spaces and 90 surface parking spaces;
- Grade level open space amenity located in the courtyard formed by buildings; and
- Landscape plan prepared by Landscape Architect required.
The proposed changes include:
• Change to the building exterior materials/colours and design.
• A time extension request for the time to begin construction of the development and;
• A time extension request for the time to complete the construction of the development.
The Existing Development Agreement (provided below) outlines the development proposal in detail, and includes information related to proposed buildings, site development, parking, driveway access and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amendment to Development Agreement process.
A mailout was sent to the surrounding neighborhood and comments/feedback were collected by staff until November 5, 2021. The application was presented to the North West Planning Advisory Committee on February 2, 2022 for their review and recommendation to North West Community Council. View the meeting minutes.
Municipal staff are currently preparing a recommendation report that will be presented to North West Community Council. A public hearing will be scheduled in the coming months.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but may also be provided via email or regular mail by making a request to the planner listed below.
For further information, please contact: