WM Fares Architects is applying for substantive amendments to an existing development agreement on the subject lands at 8 Walker Avenue, Lower Sackville.
The applicant proposes to extend the commencement and completion times of the existing development agreement, as well as modifications to the building design and updating materials and colours. This agreement was approved by North West Community Council in 2015.
The major aspects of the approved proposal are as follows:
- Two 4-storey mixed-use buildings on top of basement level parking garage;
- 124 units in total; all units proposed to be 2-bedroom;
- 10,000 square feet commercial space in total;
- Minimum 110 underground parking spaces and 90 surface parking spaces;
- Grade level open space amenity located in courtyard formed by buildings; and
- Landscape plan prepared by Landscape Architect required.
The proposed changes include:
• One 7 storey residential/commercial building with underground parking garage;
• 129 units in total; 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom units;
• 233 parking spaces for commercial and residential use
The Existing Development Agreement (provided below) outlines the development proposal in detail, and includes information related to proposed buildings, site development, parking, driveway access and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amendment to Development Agreement process.
With the submission of additional information the application is now being reviewed by municipal staff.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but may also be provided by email or regular mail by making a request to the planner listed below.
Existing Development Agreement
Proposed Site Plan/Elevations