Hekmat Jarrar is requesting a development agreement to allow a 19-unit seniors housing project for lands at 5 and 7 Kingswood Drive, Hammonds Plains.
The applicant wishes to develop a 19-unit townhouse development at 5 and 7 Kingswood Drive, Hammonds Plains designed for seniors. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- 19 two-bedroom townhouse units (3 blocks of 5 units and 1 block of 4 units)
- Units ranging between 1,252 – 1,455 square feet
- 800 square foot accessory office
- 900 square foot community room and central courtyard for resident use including a covered patio and community garden
- 20 ft. 8 in. building height
- Vehicular access from Kingswood Drive
- Walkway connecting the development to nearby community and local commercial uses
- Serviced by central water service and on-site sewer service
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to the building locations, parking locations, driveway access, building design, traffic impact and landscaping.
The applicant has submitted a revised proposal which is being reviewed by internal municipal staff from Development Engineering (including Traffic Services), Building Standards, Civic Addressing, Parks and Recreation, and Fire Protection Services, as well as externally by Halifax Water, Nova Scotia Environment and the Regional Centre for Education.
Staff are currently seeking feedback from the public on the proposal. A notice has been sent to nearby residents requesting their feedback as staff continue to review the proposal and before the proposal is presented to the North West Planning Advisory Committee for their recommendation. Please email any questions and comments you may have about the application. Residents will have another opportunity to provide feedback at a public hearing in the future, before North West Community Council makes a decision on this matter.
Feedback - share your thoughts or comments with the planner assigned to this case.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted the following plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but these documents may alternatively be provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner listed below.
Revised Submission – May 2020