Gary Edwards is applying for a substantive amendment to the existing development agreement for lands at 30 and 38 Silvers Lane, Eastern Passage
The applicant wishes to allow commercial uses in accordance with the C-2 zone under the Eastern Passage/Cow Bay Land Use By-law and two, two-unit dwellings on the lands at Silvers Lane. A concurrent but separate application to subdivide the lands into 3 lots has been submitted by the applicant. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
• To allow the existing commercial building to remain with access to Silvers Lane;
• Allow the workshop to continue its current use including the sale of vehicles;
• Allow relocation of nearby dwelling to the lands;
• Allow conversion of relocated dwelling to 2-unit dwelling;
• Provide flexibility in the agreement to allow commercial use in place of the re-located dwelling;
• Development of a new 2-unit dwelling;
• Provide conditions for future development of auxiliary suites; and
• Provisions for the subdivision of the lands into 3 lots.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal request, and includes information on traffic impact.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amendment to Existing Development Agreement process.
The application for this request was submitted January 17, 2020. At this time the request has been distributed for team review to municipal staff and outside reviewers to whom the application is relevant. These team review comments will be provided to the applicant with any requested revisions or additional information.
Following this preliminary review the public engagement will take place. The planner for the application will evaluate the revised application and the public comments and concerns received before preparing a staff report to Council.
A public hearing before Harbour East - Marine Drive Community Council is required for a decision on the requested substantive amendments. Notification of day and time will be given in advance of this hearing.
The application is required to include public engagement as part of the planning process. Because of Covid-19 health and safety requirements the municipality does not currently have a process in place for non-Council public meetings to hear input from the public. To seek feedback on the proposal a letter and fact sheet have been mailed out to residents describing the proposal and requesting feedback be provided to the planner. Feedback will be collected until December 11, 2020.
Points to consider when providing your comments/ feedback:
- Do you have any concerns with the proposal? If so, what are your concerns?
- What would you like to see added or changed?
- Any other comment / feedback is welcomed.
After all feedback is collected the proposal will be reviewed in detail by staff, who will prepare a recommendation report for review by Harbour East-Marine Drive Community Council. Should Council wish to consider the proposal, a public hearing will be scheduled.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application.