A virtual public information meeting was held on Thursday, June 17, 2021. Links to a copy of the meeting minutes and the frequently asked questions arising from the public meeting can be found below. A public hearing will be scheduled in the coming months. The date and information for registering to be a speaker at the hearing will be updated on this site once the hearing is scheduled.
Application by ZZap Consulting Inc., on behalf of Armco Capital Inc., requesting substantive amendments to the existing development agreement for Lovett Lake to add additional lands and allow for a Phase 3 of Lovett Lake with 91 residential units, resulting in an increase of residential units from 257 to 348 units on the site
A planning application has been submitted to make changes to the existing approved development agreement for lands to the east of Lovett Lake. The existing agreement allows 257 residential dwellings (single family homes and townhomes) to be built over 2 phases. The application is proposing to add four parcels of land to create a 3rd phase of development.
The details of the proposal are as follows:
• Adding 4 properties to the existing development agreement site (which is currently made up of 5 properties) to create a 3rd phase.
• Adding 91 residential units (single family homes and townhomes) which would allow 348 residential units in total.
• Create an additional (2nd) road access to St.Margaret’s Bay Road.
• Intent to provide an area of land to the west of the Beechville Baptist Church where a historic baptismal path and gravesites are located, to the Church. This area of land is currently approved as parkland, but the property owner intents to deed this land to the Baptist Church and provide parkland elsewhere.
• Provide parkland:
• An area in Phase 1 to the east of Lovett Lake
• An area in Phase 3
• An area in Phase 1 where a historic building foundation was identified (see more info. below)
Please see attached submission information under “Documents Submitted for Evaluation” below. This includes a proposed site plan which shows roads, parkland areas, and dwelling lots. There are also areas of historical significance identified which include a historic baptismal path (used by the Beechville Baptist Church - a Municipally Registered Heritage Property) and an area of land where historic building foundation remains related to the habitations and activity of first-generation War of 1812 Black refugees that formed the community, were uncovered, and excavated in 2014. You will see these noted on the proposed site plan.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Amendment process.
A virtual public information meeting was held on Thursday, June 17, 2021. View the public information meeting minutes and the frequently asked questions arising from the public meeting..
Staff are currently undertaking an in-depth review of the application. Information from the public engagement meeting will inform the process going forward. A public hearing will be scheduled in the coming months where staff will present a recommendation on the application, the community will have an opportunity to speak before Community Council, and Community Council will make their decision on the application. Please note: once the public hearing is scheduled, a letter will be sent in the mail to those in the notification area, ads will run in the Chronicle Herald Saturday edition for 2 consecutive weeks, and this website will be updated with information on the date and how to register to be a speaker at the hearing.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application.
Traffic Impact Study
Planning Rationale Policy Chart
Revised Site Plan