Application by West Bedford Holdings Limited requesting changes to an existing development agreement for vacant lands 112 Ledgegate Lane off Amesbury Court in Bedford (“subject site”), to replace an apartment building already permitted by the existing development agreement with a townhouse development.
The subject site is located within the Bedford West Comprehensive Development District Zone. This zone requires that North West Community Council approve a development agreement before any development can be permitted.
North West Community Council approved a development agreement for the subject site and the surrounding area on June 23, 2011. This agreement has subsequently undergone two amendments that address development on two specific sites and that do not affect the subject site.
The existing development agreement permits two apartment buildings on this site.
The applicant requests the following changes to the existing development agreement:
- Change the development permitted on the subject site to allow:
- one six-storey multi-unit dwelling (apartment building) with 120 dwelling units (no change to what is already permitted); and
- 21 townhouses;
- The existing agreement allows two apartment buildings; the total number of dwellings on the site would not increase if these changes are approved.
- The subject site would be developed as “cluster development” (bare-land condominium) and would not be subdivided. All the proposed buildings would be constructed on the same lot;
- Reduce the minimum width of townhouses from 6 metres (20 feet) to 4.9 metres (16 feet); and
- Remove the requirement that each townhouse have a garage and an individual driveway.
The development plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail and include information on project design, site planning and anticipated traffic impact.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amendment with Planning Advisory Committee process.
View the municipal planner's and applicant's presentations from the December 10, 2020 virtual Public Information Meeting. For ease of use, these presentations have been combined into one PDF document.
Following the virtual public information meeting, staff will complete a detailed analysis of the application informed by feedback from the public and the planning team prior to sending a recommendation report to the North West Community Council (NWCC).
The NWCC will decide whether to approve or deny the application based on the criteria in the Bedford West Secondary Planning Strategy within the Bedford Municipal Planning Strategy.
The subject site is located in District 16 – Bedford - Wentworth.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below. These documents may also be provided by mail or email. Please contact the planner identified below to make this request.