Application by West Bedford Holdings Limited requesting substantive and non-substantive amendments to an existing development agreement for lands off Amesbury Court with PID 41470741 (“subject site”), to allow townhouse development.
The subject site is located within the Bedford West Comprehensive Development District Zone. This zone requires that North West Community Council approve a development agreement before any development can be permitted.
North West Community Council approved a development agreement for the subject site and the surrounding area on June 23, 2011. This agreement has subsequently undergone two amendments that address development on two specific sites and that do not affect the subject site.
The original development agreement permitted two multi-unit dwellings (apartment buildings) on the subject site.
The applicant requests the following amendments to the development agreement:
- Change the development permitted on the subject site to allow:
- one six-storey multi-unit dwelling (apartment building) with 120 dwelling units; and
- 21 townhouses;
- The subject site would be developed as “cluster development” (bare-land condominium) and would not be subdivided. All the proposed structures would be constructed on the same lot;
- Changes to lot standards to reduce the minimum width of townhouses from 6 metres (20 feet) to 4.9 metres (16 feet); and
- Changes to design standards to remove the requirement that each townhouse have a garage and an individual driveway.
The development plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail and include information on project design, site planning and anticipated traffic impact.
The application will be considered under the Substantive Amendment with Planning Advisory Committee process.
The application is undergoing a detailed review by municipal staff and relevant external review agencies. After these reviews are complete, the Planner will write a draft amending agreement and a recommendation report for North West Community Council (NWCC).
The NWCC will decide whether to approve or deny the application based on the criteria in the Bedford West Secondary Planning Strategy within the Bedford Municipal Planning Strategy.
The subject site is located in District 16 – Bedford - Wentworth.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below. These documents may also be provided by mail or email. Please contact the planner identified below to make this request.