EDM Planning Services Ltd. is applying on behalf of the property owner, to rezone 538 Pleasant Street, Dartmouth, from the C-2 (General Business) Zone to the I-2 (General Industrial) Zone to allow a concrete ready-mix facility.
The applicant is proposing to rezone 538 Pleasant Street from the C-2 (General Business) Zone to the I-2 (General Industrial) Zone of the Dartmouth Land Use By-Law.
The I-2 Zone would allow a concrete ready-mix facility on the site, subject to meeting the I-2 Zone requirements.
- The site is approximately 6,583 square metres (70,859 square feet) in size.
- An existing building located on the site that fronts along Pleasant Street is proposed to remain, along with an existing driveway entrance and parking lot.
- Industrial structures are proposed in the rear of the lot which include a batch plant, reclaimer, and cement storage tanks.
- Two driveway entrance/exits are proposed on Station Road.
- The site is also proposed to have a wash station for trucks, sand and aggregate piles, and appropriate stormwater management.
You can view the site plan and proposal details below, under “Documents Submitted for Evaluation”.
The application will be considered under the Rezoning process.
This application is currently in the beginning stages. Staff are undertaking a detailed review of the application. A sign will be put on the property shortly, identifying that a planning application for a rezoning has been submitted by the applicant.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application.