This application is currently on hold as requested by the applicant.
Clayton Developments Limited has asked to amend the Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains, and Upper Sackville Land Use By-law to allow smaller residential lots in the R-1 Zone where both municipal water and sewer services are available.
Clayton Developments Limited would like to reduce the minimum required lot size and street frontage requirements for R-1 Zoned lands with municipal water and sewer in the Beaver Bank, Hammonds Plains, and Upper Sackville Plan Area. Specifically, Clayton Developments Limited has asked to:
- Reduce the minimum required street frontage from 60 feet (18.3 metres) to 40 feet (12.2 metres) and
- Reduce the minimum required lot area from 6,000 square feet (557.4 square metres) to 4,000 square feet (371.6 square metres).
View map of the affected R-1 Zoned lands.
While Clayton Developments Limited is specifically focused on having the ability to create smaller lots for the proposed expansion of Carriagewood Estates in Beaver Bank, their application is for an amendment that would apply to all R-1 Zoned lots with Municipal water and sewer services. Most of the undeveloped R-1 Zoned lots with Municipal services are the lands for the proposed Carriagewood Estates expansion (PID 00468694).
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to a concept subdivision plan and a traffic study for the expansion of Carriagewood Estates.
The application will be considered under the Land Use By-law Amendment Process.
February 4, 2022
The applicant has requested this application be put on hold.
December 14, 2021
Staff are currently writing draft land use By-law amendments and a recommendation report for North West Community Council
September 27, 2021
This application was considered by the North West Planning Advisory Committee at a virtual meeting held on Wednesday, September 1, 2021. North West Planning Advisory Committee recommends North West Community Council refuse the application because the requested changes will put stresses on the existing infrastructure, do not protect the existing low-density residential development, and will significantly change the community
July 27, 2021
Thank you to everyone who provided feedback during the public engagement period (June 14 - July 13, 2021). View the survey responses.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below. These documents may also be provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner list below.
- Application Letter (PDF)
- Municipal Planning Strategy Policy Review by Clayton Development Limited (PDF)
- Concept subdivision plan for Carriagewood Estates expansion (PDF)
- Traffic Impact Study for proposed Carriagewood Estates expansion under existing R-1 Zone regulations (2014) (PDF)
- NEW - Updated Traffic Impact Information (PDF)
- NEW - Analysis of Local Land Economics (PDF)
- NEW - Review of Residential Character (PDF)
- NEW - Lot Size Diversity Map within Serviced Area (PDF)