Upland Planning and Design Studio, on behalf of United Gulf Developments, is applying to change land use policy and rezone properties at the corner of Main Avenue and Titus Street. The applicant wishes to build a six-story, multi-unit building. They have asked Regional Council to change the zoning on part of the site to C-2C (Dutch Village Road Mixed-Use) and the Regional Council asked staff to review the C-2C (Dutch Village Road Mixed-Use) Zone as part of this request.
There are two parts to this proposal:
1) Regional Council directed staff to review the standards in the C-2C (Dutch Village Road Mixed-Use) Zone. Staff expects to consider:
- Increasing building setbacks;
- Changing or correcting the maximum building height;
- Allowing mechanical penthouses to exceed the maximum building height;
- Changing the maximum building depth; and
- Standards for ground floor design.
2) The applicant wishes to build a six-storey, multi-unit building. The major features of the proposal are:
- 119 residential units;
- 3,330 square feet (310 square metres) of ground floor commercial space;
- an underground parking garage with space for 178 cars and 67 bicycles; and
- 17,815 square feet (1,655 square metres) of amenity space for residents.
On March 23, 2021, Regional Council directed municipal staff to start this project. The next step is public engagement.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The documents below were submitted by the applicant. They will be providing more details on the proposal as the process advances. You can contact the planner to request the documents by email or regular mail.
Building Concept: Plans and Drawings
Building Concept: Data
Traffic Impact Statement