WM Fares Architects, on behalf of property owners, is requesting to enter into a Development Agreement to build two apartment buildings on lands located at the intersection of Beaver Bank Road and Windgate Drive.
The site is located at the south east corner of the intersection of Beaver Bank Road and Windgate Drive. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Two apartment buildings each containing 46 units (92 units in total)
- Each building would be approximately 4.5 storeys (18.8m in height)
- A mix of one- and two-bedroom apartments are proposed with 1120 sq. ft of amenity space in each building
- Driveway access off Beaver Bank Road
- 68 parking spaces for each building (a combination of surface parking lots and underground spaces)
- A non-disturbance area at the southern portion of the site
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to site and building design, traffic, and servicing.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
Currently this application is at the review team stage of the process where the request is reviewed by internal municipal staff from Development Engineering [including Traffic Services], Building Standards, Civic Addressing, Development Officer [By-laws], Fire Protection Services and Parkland Planning as well as externally by Halifax Water.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but may also be provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner list below.
Sanitary Flow Confirmation
Traffic Impact Statement