Clayton Developments is applying to develop a new subdivision on 238 acres of land between Hammonds Plains Road and Larry Uteck Boulevard. Clayton Developments is the major landholder, and they are working with 15 other property owners.
The proposal is to build a new neighborhood, as follows:
- About 2,100 units in multi-unit buildings, including tall mid-rise buildings (final density and height to be determined)
- Over 400 ground-based units, including single-unit, two-units, and townhomes (final unit mix to be determined)
- Over 14,400 square meters (155,000 square feet) of commercial and institutional space
- A final population of about 5,200
- New public streets, and a mix of uses and building types
- A commercial or mixed-use area at the corner of Larry Uteck Boulevard and Hammonds Plains Road
- New parkland and trails
The application will be considered under the provincial special planning area designation.
On June 29, 2021, Regional Council initiated the planning process for Bedford West Sub Areas 12 &1 . View the staff report for that meeting. Staff are currently reviewing and drafting land-use policies for the area.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents may also be alternatively provided either by email or regular mail by making a request to the planner list below.