Clayton Developments is applying to develop a new subdivision on 238 acres of land between Hammonds Plains Road and Larry Uteck Boulevard. Clayton Developments is the major landholder; they also represent 15 other property owners.
The proposal is to build a new neighborhood, as follows:
- About 2,100 units in multi-unit buildings, including tall mid-rise buildings (final density and height to be determined)
- Over 400 ground-based units, including single-unit, two-units, and townhomes (final unit mix to be determined)
- Over 14,400 square meters (155,000 square feet) of commercial and institutional space
- A final population of about 5,200
- New public streets, and a mix of uses and building types
- A commercial or mixed-use area at the corner of Larry Uteck Boulevard and Hammonds Plains Road
- New parkland and trails
The application will be considered as a Municipal Planning Strategy amendment.
Regional Council directed staff to begin the planning process for Bedford West Sub Areas 12 &1 on June 29, 2021. The staff report for that meeting is here. The next step will be contacting all property owners within the study area.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents may also be alternatively provided either by email or regular mail by making a request to the planner list below.