Application by ZZap Consulting Inc., on behalf of Hartie Investments Inc., has a applied for a development agreement for senior citizens housing at 9 Crestfield Dr. in Hammonds Plains.
The applicant wishes to construct senior citizens housing in the form of a 29-unit multiple unit dwelling, and four 6-unit townhouse dwellings. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- One 3-storey apartment building containing 29 dwelling units
- Four single-storey townhouse blocks, each containing 6 townhouse units (24 total units)
- Outdoor community amenity spaces that include a community garden and recreation space
- A community rec house that will be used for indoor recreation activities, community events or gatherings and will include a guest suite.
- Newly constructed privacy fencing for the cemetery that abuts the development
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed buildings, parking locations, driveway access, traffic impact, and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the development agreement process
The application has been submitted and is undergoing initial review by municipal staff and may change as a result of staff comments. A sign is posted by the applicant on the subject site advertising the Planning Application. Staff will undertake a detailed review of the application and undertake public consultation. Prior to any considerations on this matter, North West Community Council is required under the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter to hold a Public Hearing. At that time, an additional opportunity for public feedback is provided. Notices of the date, time and location of the Hearing will be advertised in the future.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted the following documentation required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but may also be alternatively provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner list below.
Policy Review Table
Traffic Impact Statement
Wastewater Treatment Overview