Application by ZZap Consulting Inc., on behalf of Hartie Investments Inc., has a applied for a development agreement for senior citizens housing at 9 Crestfield Dr. in Hammonds Plains.
The applicant wishes to construct senior citizens housing in the form of a 29-unit multiple unit dwelling, and four 6-unit townhouse dwellings. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- One 3-storey apartment building containing 29 dwelling units
- Five (5) single-storey townhouse blocks - two blocks containing 6 townhouse units and three blocks containing 4 townhouse units for a total of 24 townhouse units);
- Outdoor community amenity spaces that include a community garden and recreation space
- A community rec house that will be used for indoor recreation activities, community events or gatherings and will include a guest suite.
- Newly constructed privacy fencing for the cemetery that abuts the development
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed buildings, parking locations, driveway access, traffic impact, and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the development agreement process
A fact sheet notifying all residents and landowners within 150 metres (500 ft) of the proposed development, asking for feedback up until 14 December 2021., was sent out. View a summary of the feedback that was received during this notification period.
The application has been submitted and is undergoing initial review by municipal staff and may change as a result of staff comments. A sign is posted by the applicant on the subject site advertising the Planning Application. Staff will undertake a detailed review of the application and undertake public consultation. Prior to any considerations on this matter, North West Community Council is required under the Halifax Regional Municipality Charter to hold a Public Hearing. At that time, an additional opportunity for public feedback is provided. Notices of the date, time and location of the hearing will be advertised in the future.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted revised plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below but may also be alternatively provided either by email or regular mail by making this request to the planner listed below.
Revised Submissions – up to 18 October 2021
Revised Site Plan
Revised Building Elevations Plan for Townhouse Blocks
For further information, please contact: