Application by Kris Martin to amend a previously approved Development Agreement to allow a range of similar industrial uses at 21 Oceanview School Road, Eastern Passage.
The applicant wishes to amend an existing Development Agreement to allow a range of industrial uses. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- This Existing Agreement was entered under policy CF-2 of the Eastern Passage/Cow Bay Municipal Planning Strategy which allows industrial uses to be considered by development agreement.
- The Existing Agreement permits this property to be used for “the sale, distribution, installation, and servicing of automotive lifts”.
- A change of permitted uses to any service industry or manufacturing operation which is similar in nature can be considered through an amendment of the Agreement.
- The applicant is requesting that the following uses be permitted:
- Any manufacturing, processing, assembly or warehouse operation which is not
obnoxious, and which is conducted and wholly
contained within a building;
- Any activity related to the automotive trade except a salvage yard;
- Auto repair and body shops / automotive repair outlet;
- Equipment sale and rental outlets;
- Services Industries;
- Service Shops; and
- Welding, plumbing and heating, electrical, carpentry and other special
trade contracting services and shops.
- No changes to the existing buildings are proposed.
The submitted Planning Rationale (provided below) outlines the development proposal in detail.
The application will be considered under the Non-Substantive Amendment to Development Agreement process.
Currently, this application is at the review team stage of the process where the request is reviewed by municipal staff. As this is a non-substantive amendment, a public information meeting and a public hearing are not required. The decision on the amendment is made by the Development Officer. Interested parties are invited to contact the Planner for additional information or to comment on the application.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has information required by HRM staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below.