Zzap Consulting Inc. has applied for a Conservation Design Development consisting of twenty (20) single unit dwellings on a property on Hemlock Drive in Upper Tantallon.
The applicant wishes to develop this 39-acre parcel of land in a Conservation Design Development, as enabled under Policy S-14 and Policy S-17 of the Regional Plan. The major aspects of the proposal are as follows:
- Twenty (20) single unit dwellings
- Serviced with individual on-site well and septic systems
- High Density Classic form of Conservation Design Development (condo-style as opposed to individual lots)
- Shared common driveway (not a new public street)
- Single access is from Hemlock Drive
- Ecologically sensitive land is conserved as open space
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information relating to traffic, siting of buildings and driveways, stormwater and wastewater management, and groundwater assessment.
The application will be considered under the Development Agreement Process.
Public engagement was completed for this application between July 7, 2022 and August 2, 2022. A Fact Sheet was mailed to nearby residents. The planner is still accepting questions and feedback. Please call or email the planner using the contact information below.
At this time, staff are completing the Development Agreement and Staff Report. The next step will be presenting the proposal to North West Community Council.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The relevant documents are linked below.