This application has a new case number. This application was previously referenced as Case 24638.
Irving Oil Limited is applying to enter into a development agreement to allow reconstruction of a convenience store and gas bar in a reconfigured format.
The municipality is currently in the process of acquiring a portion of the subject property along the Bayers Road frontage as part of the ongoing transit priority project on Bayers Road. The applicant wishes to continue the existing use of the property as a convenience store and gas bar but is required to reconfigure the property as a result of the Bayers Road acquisition. The applicant has applied to enter into a development agreement to permit:
• The demolition of the existing convenience store and construction of a new convenience store further towards the north-east corner of the site;
• The removal of the existing eight (8) fueling stations and construction of six (6) new fueling stations further east (toward the existing convenience store) on the site.
No changes to the use are proposed.
The Development Plans (provided below) outline the development proposal in detail, and include information related to proposed location of the building and gas bar, parking locations, driveway access, truck turning analysis, and landscaping.
The application will be considered under the process for development agreement applications.
Comments and feedback on this application were accepted until April 5, 2023. A mailout notification was sent to property owners within the notification area.
Staff are now completing a detailed analysis of the application and will begin drafting a development agreement and a staff report for Council's consideration.
Documents Submitted for Evaluation
The applicant has submitted plans and studies required by municipal staff to properly evaluate the application. The documents are also available for review at the Planning Applications office in Downtown Halifax.
- A - Design Rationale Letter (PDF)
- B - Grading Plan (PDF)
- C - Servicing Schematic (PDF)
- D - Current and Proposed Site Plans (PDF)
- E - Traffic Impact Statement (PDF)
For further information, please contact: